Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Student update:

I just spoke with my student who admitted to self-mutilation in a worksheet yesterday. She says she has not "cut" in a couple weeks and has been doing better. Her family is divorced and puts the kids inbetween their fighting and they are being pulled from one house to the other. She says she's happy at school but is upset at home. She also admitted to bulimia and said her parents would be mad if they know she was discussing this at school. They also said they don't want to hear about her problems (according to her, of course.) I asked her if she'd be willing to go see the school psychologist and that I would go with her......she agreed, so thats really good!!!!

I really think that comment on the worksheet is a cry for help and as soon as I asked her about it, that opened the floodgates and I got all sorts of info in a matter of minutes. Now she'll be getting the help she needs and I'm so relieved.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM , Blogger stuffle said...

That is very good to hear... (the getting help part, that is...)

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger beakerkin said...

I hope you are right but some of these parents are loons. There are deficient parents that is why the profesional should handle these situations.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home