Thursday, December 29, 2005

Titanic Survivors

I have had a little free time over this Christmas break and some of that has been spent flipping back and forth between 2 movies: Phantom of the Opera and Titanic. There are certain movies that I simply cannot turn off if they are on and these are 2 of them. I got to thinking if there are any Titanic survivors still alive and here's what I found:

3 known Titanic Survivors:

Lillian Gertrude Asplund: she was 5 1/2 on The Titanic in third class. she is 91 now.
Barbara West: she was 3 1/2 on The Titanic in second class. she is 89 now.
Eliza Gladys Milvina Dean: she was 10 weeks old on The Titanic in third class. she is 85 now.

If you would like to read more about these three survivors, click here. You never know, maybe you'll end up on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and need this random piece of info.

5 Comments:

At 10:09 PM , Blogger sandy said...

tori, I met one of the Titanic survivors years ago. This was sometime in the 70's. She lived in Redondo Beach, Ca. and had the newspaper articiles framed and hung on her wall.

Just thought you might get a kick out of that.

She was in her golden years then so must have passed on.

 
At 12:49 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

wow, fascinating! Some of the survivors liked talking about it and others never spoke of it again.

Now I'm watching Phantom of the Opera again...Titanic isn't on.

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Tori, Titanic a great movie but over and over no way. Now Die Hard and Armageddan I can do.

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger beakerkin said...

Tori

I am reading Intellectual Morons by Flynn. I would not recommend the book as it is nasty in certain sections. However, it is like watching a train wreck. I can't put it down and it is never boring.

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 31 05

Hey TT: I never saw Titanic but am happy to know that there were some survivors! Happy New Year and thx for wishing me well when I was ill:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home