Saturday, December 31, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

This is always that time of year where I sit back and reflect on the past 365 days. It was quite a year for me filled with laughter, tears, joys, heartache, and anticipation for 2006. I am thankful for so much in my life....for my family and friends. I am thankful for our great President and especially for all of our men and women overseas who will ring in the new year listening to RPGs and mortars instead of noisemakers and fireworks. Without them I doubt I'd be here today and I thank God for them every day.

This is more of a personal post so feel free to stop reading if you'd like.

Major events for me in 2005:

-I was told I was getting a 3rd observation for my teaching job. It terrified me but I took the bull by the horns and took my teaching to the next level.

-The principal told me I did an outstanding job and invited me to come back next year.

-I found my perfect townhouse and bought it! In January I didn't even know if I had a job, let alone be able to move out on my own.......by May I was signing my life away and have a beautiful home I can be proud of!

-On a sadder note, I broke up with the only man I have ever loved after a happy 2 year relationship. I have never been so miserable and the worst part was breaking his heart. Its hard to do that to someone you love, but I think it was the right decision for us at that time. That was definitely the worst part of 2005.

-After the breakup, I renewed some amazing friendships with people who held my hand through the tough times, took me out and helped me smile, laugh and party again. They are the best friends I could ever have.

-I lost my best friend, another low point that makes me sad every day. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and couldn't be happier for her! But for some reason she stopped talking to me completely after the wedding and after dozens of phone calls and emails I find out she's furious with me. Apparently at her wedding I was talking crap about her, her husband and her wedding. Of course this is absurd because I love her, love her husband and loved her wedding. I know that whomever told her this misheard but she chose to believe them instead of simply calling and asking me. She was my second half for so long and while it looks like she's made her choice to end our friendship, I am a doormat and still hold out hope that she digs deep and knows in her heart that I would never say or do anything to hurt her.

-I had quite a scare when I found out my Marine friend/old flame in Iraq's platoon was attacked and suffered many casualties. I watched the news every second I could, surfed the internet and talked with mutual friends to find out if he survived. When the news finally released the names of Marines KIA, my heart was in my throat but as each picture flashed on the screen, I was relieved yet upset knowing those terrorist bastards killed such amazing men. My friend was slightly injured but was okay. Emailing with him in Iraq was wonderful and I am so glad he was okay.

-I had a tough school year with athletic training....it was stressful, clashes with my coworkers and ridiculous hours really tried my patience...but when it comes down to it, its about the kids and taking good care of them so as long as I focus on that, it will be alright.

-I had quite possibly the BEST WEEKEND of my life when I went back to my alma mater, Ohio University for Homecoming this year. I spent time with my old crush/great friend in Columbus, partied it up in Athens, saw all my old friends and just walked around campus remembering some of the best times of my life. The best part, by far, was the Marine coming down to see us the very week he returned from Iraq. His stories were upsetting and seeing the saddness in his eyes was difficult but just the fact he was back with us was the best thing I could have asked for. I used to be so smitten with him back in college, and its just too bad he lives in Ohio....a gorgeous, gun-loving, Republican, sarcastic, fellow Bobcat, Marine, war veteran, does it get any better than that? :) Oh well, thats how the cookie crumbles!

-I had my 2 observations for my job this semester and I did a great job, so my career is intact for another year, which is great news and a load off my mind!


Soo all and all its been an eventful year! I have high hopes for 2006 and I will do everything in my power to make it the best year ever! I know many people's lives have been tougher by leaps and bounds so I feel very lucky in the grand scheme of things.

I hope each and every one of you....yes even Democrats, a wonderful New Years and a 2006 full of prosperity and love. I'm off to party, later!

5 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Blogger Gyrobo said...

You don't need to take that from someone who used to be your best friend. That just makes me... what the...?!

 
At 8:34 PM , Blogger Gyrobo said...

Rage... taking... over...

 
At 1:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

haha...fire.

 
At 1:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It was a good year. I've been looking forward to 2006 though for quite some time...Graduating in May - FINALLY - and being done with school FOREVER! Although I guess six months after graduation, when those loan payments have to start I may be singing a different tune. Eh, oh well - I'm going to live in the moment on this one.

NYE was a lot of fun TT and Anana - glad we were out together...good times - from what TT remembers :)

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

yeah, hopefully i didnt make too much of an ass out of myself when i was drunk dialing every single person i know! Lord only knows what came out of my mouth with no filter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home