Monday, March 21, 2005

Incident Update:

I'd like to update Friday's post concerning the student who was in "agonizing pain" because of her menstrual cramps. As I mentioned earlier, her mom went and complained to the principal, and then went to the Superintendent. Well, I spoke with the girl this morning and she was, as I thought, completely mortified by the whole thing. SHE was apologetic and said her mom tends to overreact frequently. I told her I meant no harm to her and that in the future, she has to learn to make herself more clear in what she needs. She was sweet and it took all of 2 seconds.

About 5 minutes ago, I called the mother to follow up and had to leave a message. I had wanted to call first thing this morning after talking with her daughter but turns out she was in a meeting with the Principal at a middle school because her 5th grade son just got suspended!!! So, I decided to wait until lunch, with about 4 min. left before the bell so I had an escape plan in case things got ugly.....the work phone I called said she was IN CLASS........doh! This means she is a teacher.......a teacher! I can't believe it, of all people to be yelling at another teacher, unbelieveable.

************NEWS FLASH*********** I got a call back from "mom" and she was as sweet as can be. She left me a message saying what a stressful day she was having and how she took it out on me!! She said "I appreciate so very much that you took time out of your busy schedule to speak with my daughter....blah blah blah, I'm so glad you called...blah, blah, my daughter might have to go on birth control for the pain...blah, blah, blah, you can give me a call back if you'd like and we can talk about what to do for my daughter....thank you soooo much, I appreciate it!"

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH, WTF? Definitely NOT what I was expecting, better! I forwarded that voicemail message to the Principal and Superintendent so they know I'm not the crazy one. Whew {{{pulling my bangs back}}} glad thats over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home