Wednesday, June 08, 2005

tourist in my own hometown

Today a couple of my fellow teachers and I hopped on a train and a little over an hour later we arrived in downtown Chicago. I felt like a tourist and finally saw Millennium Park. I didn't bring my camera (cute purse was too small) so I'll post pics other people have taken of it. We bummed up and down Michigan Avenue and I oogled all the delightful items at places like Burberry, Coach, Cartier, Tiffany & Co., Neiman Marcus, and Polo Ralph Lauren that I cannnot afford any time soon because of my ugly morgage. But nevertheless, I marched my Tiffany and Coach purse wearing fabulous self in there and walked around like I owned the place. *Interesting observation: When walking into Coach, the sales rep looked my friends up and down and came over to me and said "fabulous purse, I love that one!" and ignored my other Coachless friends. The same thing happened at Tiffany's. I guess thats just business!

***My blog has been really fussy lately. Sometimes it shows my recent posts, othertimes, nothing***

All and all a nice, relaxing day. While most of my friends are teachers, I start to feel guilty when telling my full-time workers about my lazy days of summer. But then I think to myself: I work enough hours during the other 9 months of the year that would more than cover the entire summer! I deserve this brief rest and will be back to my 80 hours a week before I know it. Soooo, I will lend a sympathic ear to my friends in the business/law/medicial worlds but I will not be made to feel bad about it!!!

Tomorrow my mom is coming up to help me learn the finer points of gardening and then I'm going to a fabulous political dinner at a golf course so smooze, mingle, sip chardonnay, and meet intelligent people!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home