Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lost in the Semi-Finals

Well, this "Marine" wasn't intimidating enough to take the "Puck-Off" crown this year. I creamed my first opponent 7-3, then lost to the eventual champion 7-5. I put up a valiant effort but early in the game he hit the puck so hard it flew off the table and right into my index finger. Now its swollen and black and blue. But being the military woman I was last night, I shook it off and continued playing. He was wearing a mullet so I couldn't help but laugh throughout the game. Oh well.

There was a contest in Chicago for the most offensive halloween costume. These are ones I've heard of so far this year that made me go "OMG!":

-Terri Schiavo
-a Rapist (t-shirt with Rapist written on it and scratch marks all over)
-Hurricane Katrina
-Katrina evacuees and looters (painted themselves black, wet, carrying bags with TV's in them)
-twin towers with a plane crashing into it
-beheaded soldier being accompanied by people dressed up as Al Queda
-bird flu

Has anyone else heard of anything more offensive than these? Like I said before, I am dressing up as a Marine, to show my love for them :)

9 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

ewwwwwwwwwww, that is offensive, i'll change my post and give you props

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger sandy said...

I've thought of a scary one. That would be Hillary dressed up as Commander in Chief.

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

oooooooo, that IS scary! I wouldn't open up my door to that trick-or-treater!

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger pappy said...

I'm going to a party as Harriet Miers...so I wont be there

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger sandy said...

Good idea about the sheehan mask. Pin a Kerry button on it and you could double as a witch.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

don't forget a michael moore fat suit

THREE

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Gyrobo said...

I think there's been some confusion here. I'm NOT Maurice Hinchey. He's my congressman. I merely have a blog about him.

But you know what a REALLY obscene costume would be? A walking, talking heating bill from the middle of January 2006. 'Cause the price of home heating oil is through the roof.

And for the love of bloggers everywhere, turn on that filter! It's on the comments tab...

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

why would i want to turn on the filter? I'm not getting spam

 
At 6:44 AM , Blogger stuffle said...

I went as myself... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home