Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Things that are annoying me


#1 PARENTS!!!!! Not mine, my student's parents...specifically ones that with 3 weeks left are emailing me "my child's grade isn't good. what can they do? can they make up work they didn't do before. is there any extra credit they can do? why is my child failing? Seriously, it would be a good idea to track your child's progress before the last minute. And I'm sorry but if your child has missed school 28 times, excused or unexcused, they aren't going to be getting an A!!!!! I'm getting a crapload of emails and phone calls and they make me want to kill puppies.

#2 MY STUDENT'S SLUTTY CLOTHING!!!! Seriously, can these jean skirts get any shorter? It's up to the butt pockets. Teachers get arrested for seeing teenagers private parts.....I feel like I have to close my eyes while walking up the stairs! Oh and apparently the 80's are back. There are tons of girls wearing "leggings" with lace on the bottom, with plastic earrings and shirts hanging off the shoulder Flashdance style. I even saw one girl with a "T-shirt clip!" Seriously kids, it was an awful trend the first time, please keep it dead. Too bad I tossed my Hypercolor shirt, I would have fit right in!!!

#3 IEP's (aka Individualized Education Program)!!! This is for special ed kids. It's a list of limitations and accomdations to help facilitate their learning. Every other kid has an IEP and it's getting ridiculous. Try studying some of you. Sure there are kids that have learning disabilities, are emotionally disturbed or have a behavioral disorder but it's getting out of hand. For one kid, who just isn't a good test taker, I have to take my test, chop off 1 of the 4 multiple choice answers for each question, then take the staple out and give him page by page so it's less intimidating looking. He has to come up to my desk, drop one sheet off and pick up the next one. COME ON.

#4 LOST!!! That show is just annoying the hell out of me. There is no logical way to explain everything that has happened. I think I might stop watching.

#5 AUDREY RAINES!!! The coolest thing I have seen all season on 24 was when Christopher Henderson sliced Audrey's brachial artery to get Jack Bauer to give him the evidence. Too bad Jack has such a big heart and couldn't let her bleed out and now the evidence is gone.

#6 IMMIGRANTS THAT PROTEST IMMIGRATION LAWS!!! YOU CAME HERE ILLEGALLY, THATS RIGHT, ILLEGALLY. How can you bitch and complain about how you are getting the shaft when you shouldn't be here in the first place? You are sucking off the American teet, flooding my school and paying JACK. And how hypocritical is it that Mexico has such strong penalties for illegals trying to come into THEIR country??? I know our country rules and who wouldn't want to live in America but come here the right way or stay the hell out, that's all I ask. Put the military on the border with a shoot-to-kill order (or my brother and dad) and illegal immigration will stop real fast. Is that a PC response, heck no, will it work, heck yes.

#7 DEMOCRATS.....enough said. Thank the dear lord I'm dating a Republican who's entire family is Republican as well.

I'm not sure why I'm in a crabby mood today but at least I get to eat lunch with my boyfriend in the faculty cafeteria next period so that should help :)

6 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

amen eddie!

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Military Arms said...

I bailed on Lost too. I actually deleted it from my Season Passes on Tivo... it got plain silly this season. Too bad, they could have done so much more with it.

24 is rocking still though! Last nights episode totally rocked.

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

i only got through the first 20 minutes of 24 last night....damn 2 bottles of wine!

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Military Arms said...

Doh! I was drinking Cranberry/Absolut but I managed to stay sober through 24... :) That's almost a crime there young lady!

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger stuffle said...

Some parents really piss me off. A couple of years ago, before my daughter started high school, us parents had to go to a meeting so the school could explain the "points system" they have in place.

There were actually parents there who were more concerned with finding ways to help their kids skirt the system and graduate rather than find ways to help their kids succeeed in school. No one came right out and said it, but some parents were essentially saying "look, my kids isn't going to really try or actually learn anything, but I want them to graduate, so how can we get them enough points..."

I just wish more parents would actually be parents to their kids...

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Deborah said...

I teach science and math in the public schools. When will we start pressuring parents to make sure their kids do their homework and come to school prepared. I'm so angry today. I corrected a unit test and this Dad taught their kid the foil method incorrectly and the kid bombed the test. of course it will probably be my fault.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home