Thursday, April 07, 2005

Must we label our lunches?

Today my lunch was stolen out of our faculty refrigerator. I had a nice salad all prepared and I got there and someone ganked it!!!!

So then I bought a new salad went to sit down at the table where I put my keys down, and my friend stole my seat. So here I am, already cranky from the 40 hour week I've already put in (its Thursday morning), and my friend says "Tori, there's room, squeeze on in here" and opens up a space fit for a 5 year-old. So I said "forget it, its okay" and I sat at the broken big table next to their table all alone. This table top is wobbly, and can now spin around like a lazy susan (which was helpful in getting a napkin b/c I just spun the table around and the napkins came to me!)

I've learned my lesson today and will label my lunch from now on. I'm wondering what kind of person would eat someone else's lunch. If any of you out there have ever done this, could you explain it to me? Thanks.

11 Comments:

At 12:19 PM , Blogger E said...

I have to testity that I once ate my roommate's pork chops. I couldn't help it. Everytime he cooks them, they smell so delicious and juicy and I couldn't resist. Just kidding Will. :)

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger E said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger E said...

You should have punched the bejesus out of your friend for stealing your chair. That wasn't very polite of your friend.

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger E said...

There is too much stealing going on in the United States and it is seting a bad example for the children.

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger E said...

....and so is my grammar.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

My friend is a big football coach, punching him wasn't an option....kicking him in the nuts was but what can I say, I'm a nice person!

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger E said...

Punch him in the face and kick him in dem nuts. And run away. Fat people can't run so can't chase you.

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

did i say he was fat? he's big and muscular

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger E said...

I take that back. Violence is wrong. We should be setting a good example for the children. And now, without further Apu, here's a nice poem about the children. :)

Sonnet: on children

There is a smile on the lips of children;
There is a look of innocence, always;
They seem to forget and to forgive when,
Adults display a wretched, gloomy face!

Oh, how they play about and love their play!
Oh, how they long for love and words of praise!
Oh, how they dream of presents from a fay!
And how they fall asleep or cry always!

But, does this world not ill-treat children?
Do children have their freedom, entitled?
Are elders kind, giving them tender touch?
Many a time, their hearts seem anguish-filled!

How can this world deny children their needs?
What kind of trees develop from ill-formed seeds?

Dr John Celes

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

and your mustard

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger E said...

and your Ghostface cd

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home