Saturday, July 16, 2005

fun republican week :)

This week has flown by! It was chalked full of Republican functions, summer school and house decorating. My threesome (one guy cancelled) for golf on Tuesday got 3rd place in the "mixed" category, woo hoo! I find that hilarious b/c we drank Coors Light the whole time, it was windy and rainy, one guy golfed barefoot and "Happy Gilmore" style with the running approach, I fell asleep on the cart on hole 18, and hilarious antics like club throwing, foot wedging, and tee kickinng were quite prevalent. The guys used my ball for the scramble-type game because it only went a short distance, but it was on the fairway. They'd hit it hundreds of yards but it would slice every which way and end up on another hole's fairway. Then we had to act like civilized people for the dinner afterwards. I sat with 6 judges, talk about fascinating people! I just sat there and listened to their courtroom stories.

Then the next day we had a "Wine and Cheese" fundraiser at an Italian Restaurant which was a blast! We met the State Chairman of the Republican Party, and drank this fabulous white wine called "Monkey Boy." I called it Monkey Butt by accident and that was its name for the rest of the evening. I met a few people running for Governor and the State and US House of Representatives. Politicians in the area are starting to realize what a great vibe we bring to events so we are being invited more and more....usually free of charge b/c they know we are poor. We got asked to come to this crazy island bar in the middle of a lake so that should be fun.

I did come in and work in the office a bit, making phone calls and such, so it wasn't all play.

Then Sunday we have a suite/private box at a popular race track as a social event for our club. Come on Lucky 7!!! Time to break out a cute sundress and possibly a hat.

I must say, Republicans have made my summer pretty great. At first it wasn't looking too good, what with the big breakup and all, but I've kept myself really busy and immersed myself in the political scene. I've gotten to meet some fabulous people, improved on my golf game with all the outings, and finally have places to wear all my sundresses that have been collecting dust for some years now.

Man, we are such a fun, successful and good-looking group of people! (we can sure drink too...)

11 Comments:

At 1:43 AM , Blogger Texas Cynic said...

God Bless Dick Durbin and Barack Obama!

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger William said...

God I'm going to stop reading your blog. My summer just seems more and more boring every time I come here!

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

we've got to get those douchbags out of the senate. I hate that they are supposed to be "representing" us Illinoians.

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger William said...

I do not like Durbin at all, but I kind of like Barack "The Rock" Obama. No party is ever going to have 100% of the seats. If we have to have Dems in office; he's a good example of a Dem I don't mind having in there. And to be honest if my choice was between him and Alan Keyes...I would have voted Obama too. Keyes kind of frightens me.

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Texas Cynic said...

Keyes was on the Randi Rhodes show one afternoon, all he kept on saying was, "it's geometric Randi...it's geometric Randi."

I read Obama's memoir "Dreams From My Father" prior to last summer's DNC and was already a fan before he gave his rousing keynote address. I am definitely an Obama man.

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger William said...

If you close your eyes while Keyes talks he sounds like Kermit the Frog.

 
At 1:27 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

i never said i was a fan of alan keyes. he's a one-issue candidate and its one I don't agree with. However, with that being said, I will still always vote Republican because they tend to vote as a block for things I want to see done. Obama pissed me off b/c he was against shooting someone in self-defense in one's own home.

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Texas Cynic said...

Tori,

What Would Jesus Do?

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

Jesus would shoot him if he was trying to harm his loved ones :)

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger Texas Cynic said...

I've alaways wanted to see the militant side of Jesus. Could you please show me in scripture where I can find this side of the Messiah?

 
At 2:13 AM , Blogger William said...

Matthew 18:6 comes to mind.

"Whoever causes one of these little ones 5 who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home