Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bravo President Bush, Bravo!

Congrats, John Bolton, to your appointment at the United Nations. Yes I have ZERO respect for the UN, yes I think we should kick their asses out of New York, and yes, I think we should pull out all together. However, with that being said, if we have to be a part of it, we need a kick-ass guy in there and Bolton is the man for the job.

Because of Democrats "cock-blocking" him (sorry for the language, but it seemed fitting), he was filibustered and prevented from getting an up-or-down vote. We've been without an Ambassador for six months. I applaud President Bush for taking the iniative to appoint him during the recess. I don't know what the libs are whining about, its totally constitutional and has been done in the past. (Clinton made 140 recess appointments)

Rush summed it up perfectly today:

"Democrats don't like Bolton, by the way, because he's tough. They don't like Bolton because the United Nations is an enemy of George W. Bush, is a friend of the Democrats, and as such anybody that's going to reform an enemy of George W. Bush is an enemy of the Democrats -- plus they don't like his mustache."

My sister, Ranting Republican and I were talking earlier and heard it said that Bolton shares many of the same views with President Bush and will make a great "Good Cop Bad Cop" scenario. Bolton gets to be the "bad guy" by saying and doing all the things that our administration would like to do to that corrupt-ass group of people and President Bush gets to watch.

The UN needs A LOT of work and I doubt Bolton can do it all. If only we can get Kofi Annan the hell out of there, and prosecute all the oil-for-food evildoers, then maybe, just maybe the UN might be worth saving. But then again, if we got rid of every corrupt country in there, it would only leave a small handful of countries left!

To learn more about the UN, read my sister's blog entry on it from earlier in the summer:

CORRUPTION AND GREED- THE UNITED NATIONS

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout-out Tori :) I'm glad he appointed Bolton...as most of you know the UN disgusts me, but hopefully Bolton can stir things up a bit. Now if only Kofi would resign, we'd be in better shape.

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger BrainSyke said...

hey Tori..I hear ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home