Monday, August 22, 2005

A fabulous evening

Last night was definitely one of the best evenings I've had in a good while. My friend from college was in town with her boyfriend who's brother lives here. Him and his friend have sailboats docked at the "Chicago Yacht Club" and their was a party for the "47th Annual Air and Water Show." It was fabulous. People dressed casually with racoon eyes who have been out racing in regattas all day, pilots in jumpsuits, and I even saw one of the Blue Angels. I have become a boat person this summer so I was in heaven. I looked fabulous too. I wore a cute, flowy white skirt with light green and pink stripes, a green tank top and pink sandals. I fit right in :)

One of the guys we were with has a beautiful 37 foot sailboat and he took us out for a late night sail. He's a trader downtown and has a couple boats, must be nice! We went out and found the perfect spot to watch the fireworks from Navy Pier. I swear I could have died happy right then and there. To be out on the peaceful water, watching fireworks with the backdrop of the city of Chicago on a cool night was almost too much. I went up the the front of the sailboat and just took it all in.

Man, its fun hanging out with rich, older men! I didn't pay for a damn thing. Usually when I go out with people my age, we're in the cab throwing ones around and buying our own beers. Even though I was the 5th wheel the entire night with 2 loving couples, I still had a blast.

We went to a yuppy bar called Tilly's and then to an all night jazz/blues club that felt straight out of New Orleans. People of every color, all tapping their feet, clapping and throwing back beers, ribs, catfish and potato skins. I was too drunk to drive home so I crashed at their hotel with my friend and her boyfriend. The Hilton Chicago on Michigan Avenue is gorgeous...complete with marble floors, 15 elevators, chandliers and a ceiling that could rival the Sistine (sp?) Chapel. The view of the harbor and the lack was amazing.

We got up the next morning and I headed home, but had to stop at Millenium Park to splash around in the artsy fountain. What a great time and I loved seeing my old college friend. Its exactly what I needed after this tough first week of school.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM , Blogger pappy said...

Good for you. Its nice to be abel to recharge your batteries. Have a nice Monday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home