Tuesday, August 23, 2005

renewed hatred

After watching "Inside 9/11", I have a renewed hatred for terrorists. I have always hated them and would kill them all with my bare hands if given the chance, but this show was amazing. I hope they rerun it so you can all see it. It was as straightforward and non-political as it possibly could be and I greatly appreciated that. Hearing President Bush's words that night saying how we will go after terrorists and those who harbor them............thats what we are doing right now! President Bush is doing exactly what he said he would do. Can anyone honestly say that there were NO terrorists and no terrorist training camps in Iraq?

I physically cried watching the special tonight. They played answering machine messages that people trapped in the upper floors of the WTC left to their loved ones. One guy said something like "baby, its me, I'm trapped in the north tower and I don't think I'm going to make it. I love you so much. Please tell the children I love them." There were few messages like that and I just lost it. Could you imagine how awful the wives felt that didn't get to that phone in time? It all gives me the chills and breaks my heart.


BUT......As 9/11 creeps closer, the more pissed off I get. Osama Bin Laden states "We see no difference between the military and civilians." Its just repulsive. I haven't heard from my Marine friend in almost 2 weeks. It went from several times a day to nothing. I hope everything is okay. I hope I would have heard from a mutual friend if something were wrong. Say a prayer for him.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM , Blogger Katy Grimes said...

My sister was in Iraq for one year. I was so full of fear for her when we didn't hear from her for stretches. But she made it home.

I say a prayer everyday for our troops. I'll add a little extra for your friend.

fj

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home