Saturday, April 09, 2005

Take me out to the ballgame.....

Well one word can sum up this weekend for me, baseball. Yes, I am covering a Freshman B Double Header at my high school and then am going to the Cubbies game tomorrow. Its a good thing I enjoy baseball or I'd be going crazy! Freshman B are the guys who aren't good enough to make the first freshman team so its pretty crappy baseball. BUT, on the other hand, its very entertaining because you never know if a kid is going to catch that simple pop-up or lose it in the sun or drop it, then overthrow it to the first baseman.

Unfortunately, being the athletic trainer, these kids do get hurt a lot because they are still learning the sport. Last game I worked I had a pitcher catch a line-drive to the knee, another one had a ball bounce off the ground and into his neck, and another one who got his index finger nail ripped off (for non baseball people, players keep that one out of the glove.)

My beloved Cubs blew a victory yesterday at the Friendly Confines. Latroy Hawkins had 2 outs and 2 strikes in the top of the 9th, we blew it and then lost the game in 12 innings. Lets hope today that Carlos Zambrano can get the job done and tomorrow we'll be seeing Gred Maddux.

Go Freshman B baseball and go Cubbies!!!!

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger E said...

I went by the cubby bear bar last night and iut was empty, but there was throw up on the street next to Wrigley Field. ewww

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

was it your throw up because you hate hippies so much?

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger E said...

cubs rule, hippies suck

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home