Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina- Bush's Fault!

I'm just waiting for the libs to take that route. How will the left politicize and spin (no pun intended) Hurricane Katrina to benefit their cause?

Here's where I think they are going to go with this. After watching the coverage today and laughing over reporters being blown all over the street, they spoke about the environment's role in the devastation. I guess in the past several decades, Louisiana has lost over a million acres of coastal wetland that could have served as a "buffer" from the storm surges. Somehow that's going to be those nature-hating Republicans who don't give two sh*ts about global warming. Yeah, they'll use that one too...........I've heard in round about ways that its getting too hot down there in the Gulf and that caused Katrina to pick up steam. GIVE ME A BREAK PEOPLE.

Somehow, everything is President Bush's fault. I haven't heard it directly said yet, but its a matter of time. What is he, freaking Moses? He's that powerful he can conjure up storms to flatten and flood numerous red states? Pla-leeze.

On talk radio earlier there was an expert from Louisiana who said "the ring of high levees around New Orleans designed to protect the city will only make things worse in a powerful hurricane. Katrina is expected to push a 28-foot storage surge against the levees, even if they hold. Experts say water will pour over their tops and begin filling the city as if it were a sinking canoe," and went on then to say "that New Orleans could be buried under water for six months with tens of thousands of dead." Talk about seeing the class has half empty!

A caller phoned in and went on and on about how these affected areas will not have the help they need b/c the National Guard and Coast Guard are in Iraq. Sadly enough, none of this suprises me. I'm sure the rise in gas prices b/c of the gulf refineries closing will be used too.

I have also heard that the evacuation plan wasn't fair because all the "rich" people with cars got to drive out and all the poor people had to stay and ride out the storm at the Louisiana Superdome. They were pissed b/c "rich" people weren't bumming them rides. Hell no I wouldn't bum, umm, bums rides. Those bums are nuts down in New Orleans, I've been there and seen 'em. They're RAGING alcoholics, gambling addicts and the crime down there off of Bourbon Street is rampid. Maybe there are some nicer (or stupider) people out there that would help their fellow man. As for me, hell no.

HOW DO ALL OF YOU THINK THE DEMS AND THEIR LIBERAL MEDIA WILL SPIN KATRINA AGAINST THE REPUBLICANS AND BUSH?

16 Comments:

At 2:25 AM , Blogger John Paolozzi said...

Why do you hate the earth? She is your mother.

Okay... I don't really talk like that. I'm just trying to imagine how you think us liberals talk.

Seriously... you have pointed out two issues. The first being the loss of topsoil, and the second global warming.

There is no doubt that loss of topsoil has caused many problems. How is talking about, and trying to solve this problem silly? Are you so knee-jerk reactive that you can't see common sense?

As for global warming... you can continue to deny that it is happening, and that we are partially responsible, but the evidence is mounting.

Of course... many of the people who don't believe in global warming also don't believe in evolution. They are happy however to believe some horseshit preacher, or old book full off stories by guys who claimed to talk to god. Sure sure.

Incidently... it wasn't us libs who started trying to blame this on Bush. You just got paranoid. What does that tell you?

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

I would say I'm more eco-friendly than a lot of my Republican counterparts. I'm still not too sure about the whole subject of global warming so I'll hold out judgement. I do believe that we should do our best to keep Mother Nature as lovely as possible, but we do need things from her.

I have no problem about talking intelligently about issues. President Bush has done plenty for the environment during the course of his administration, but its never enough.

I am Catholic but have a background in science so I can definitely see the Evolution theory. My logical side believes in it 100% but my old Nun teacher would whoop me! However, ripping on someone's religion by calling people "horseshit preachers" is ridiculous as well. Its someone's belief, and should be respected.

It absolutely was the libs who are starting this......why would republicans? That makes no sense. And mark my words, in the coming weeks you will hear this blamed somehow on President Bush. Paranoid? NO, I just expect things like this from the Dems and the liberal media. You watch, it will happen.

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Christ - I can't stand Libs - it's all going to be the global warming and melting ice caps or something along those lines. I like the earth too, but come on! It's a freaking hurricane!

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

hey, i just saw "Day after tomorrow"! All the bad, awful things us republicans are doing could cause the second ice age!

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger pappy said...

If we caused the hurricane logic would be that we could have stopped it or made it change its course

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

And if we could make it change its course, wouldn't we have made it say...hit HOLLYWOOD?

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

and new england too

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

And yes I know Hollywood isn't in the Gulf, I'm just making a point :) (I'm anticipating the "RR is so stupid, she thinks Hollywood is in the Gulf" argument).

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure all of our factories and SUVs helped melt the ice from the Ice Age...we have cycles of climate changes...if we didn't we'd be roaming with the dinosaurs :) Global warming is a left-wing conspiracy.

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

I'd like to state for the record, since some people feel I'm heartless and not thinking about all the death and devastation......I do feel for these people and New Orleans.

I love New Orleans and wish the city my very best in its recovery.

But that subject will be the next post for me.

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger pappy said...

I would like to propose an experiment. All the bllue states would no longer be allowed to use gasoline, oil base products, no autos, no planes, nothing with an engine, no electricity. Then we will check in say 40-50 years to see if there are any changes in the climate

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

ummmm, I live in a blue state, i don't like that experiment!

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Don't y'all hate slimy liberals who feel the need to correct someone's grammar in a post? And then make a little smiley face like that correction was meant to be "cute?"

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I meant to say "y'all", but I am aware that it probably should be "you all" or if you're in Chicago "you guys"

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger William said...

Interesting side-note on bumming rides to bums. One time I was in colorado for a debate tournament. We had both the president of the college dems and the president of the college republicans with us. At one point a homeless guy came up and asked for some change. The pres of the dems told him to get a fucking job and the president of the republicans went and gave the guy a dollar.

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

I'd have his babies

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home