Friday, August 26, 2005

Libs go too far


More and more frequently as of late, things that liberals have said and done make me sick to my stomach.

Code Pink Women for Peace have set up camp outside The Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. They are displaying signs with slogans like "Maimed for Lies" and "Enlist Now and Die for Halliburton" and have mock caskets with American Flags laid over top to signify those killed. Libs say "We support our troops, just not the war." My ass. Its absurd to picket outside a hospital where severely injured soldiers can look out the window and see and hear them.

"Kevin Pannell, who was recently treated at Walter Reed and had both legs amputated after an ambush grenade attack near Baghdad in 2004, considers the presence of the anti-war protesters in front of the hospital 'distasteful.' When he was a patient at the hospital, Pannell said he initially tried to ignore the anti-war activists camped out in front of Walter Reed, until witnessing something that enraged him. 'We went by there one day and I drove by and [the anti-war protesters] had a bunch of flag-draped coffins laid out on the sidewalk. That, I thought, was probably the most distasteful thing I had ever seen. Ever,' said Pannell, a member of the Army's First Cavalry Division... 'You know that 95% of the guys in the hospital bed lost guys whenever they got hurt and survivors' guilt is the worst thing you can deal with,' Pannell said.... 'We don't like them and we don't like the fact that they can hang their signs and stuff on the fence at Walter Reed,' he said. '[The wounded veterans] are there to recuperate. Once they get out in the real world, then they can start seeing that stuff (anti-war protests). I mean Walter Reed is a sheltered environment and it needs to stay that way.'"

Libs, answer me this question: If you say you are in support of our troops and you being there is upsetting the troops thus hindering their recovery, why would you be there? Doesn't that go against the very thing that you are saying...that you support the troops but not the war? If you are against the war, go protest at a federal building somewhere, not a freaking hospital.

Libs, answer me just one more question: How can you stand hand-in-hand with Cindy Sheehan who called the terrorists "Freedom Fighters?"

4 Comments:

At 11:13 AM , Blogger pappy said...

tori I replyed to your question on my blog. If its easier e-mail me at m.hontz@sbcglobal.net

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Miranda said...

"We support our troops, just not the war."

Alright. I support code pink. Just not when they talk. ;)

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I don't believe you can support the troops if you don't believe in their mission - how else do you support them?

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

please, miranda, explain your comment to ranting republican and I.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home