Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, its my first Valentine's Day single in 5 years and I'm getting drunk. I covered our girls basketball regionals where I popped a girl's patella (kneecap) back into place, came home, made dinner and am polishing off a great Santa Margharita Pinot Grigio and watching Sex and the City episodes and The Birdcage is starting soon. I basically find out tomorrow if I am getting canned or not. I figured he wants to meet with me at the beginning of the day in the middle of the week so maybe I'm not getting canned. If I do I will go home sick immediately and pop the cork on some other various beverages I have in my possession.

In honor of this holiday that I normally love, here are my favorite Sex and the City quotes and some comments of mine afterwards. Oooo, I need to fill up again......damn it, bottle is empty now but I've added some Cheez-its to the mix to help prevent a hangover:

"Sometimes its hard walking in a single woman's shoes, that's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun." (maybe this is my cue to stop wearing gym shoes every day)

Carrie: Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous. (so basically if I don't love myself, how can I love anyone else? I think I'm pretty freaking cool....cute, smart, successful, love sports and a high sex drive, what's not to love??? haa haa)

I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love. (heck yes I am. No settling for me baby!)

Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone -- just as wild -- to run with. (I don't think I'm that wild, this is definitely more Ranting Republican's style)

After a while, you just want to be with the one who makes you laugh. (I cannot tell you how important this is to me.)

Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn't one occasion where people celebrate you ... Hallmark doesn't make a "congratulations, you didn't marry the wrong guy" card. And where's the flatware for going on vacation alone? (yeah, damn it, I'm single again and fabulous! Celebrate me!)

I mean, don't you ever really wanna' be pounded hard, you know, like when the bed is moving all around and it's all sweaty and your head is knocking up against the headboard and you feel like it might just blow off. Dammit', I just really wanna' be fucked, you know just really fucked! (ummmm, there's no need for commentary here, this quote says it all.)

How we are in bed is how we are in life. I've never met a man who was bad in bed but good at life. (wow, truer words were never spoken)

I've done the merry-go-round. I've been through the revolving doors. I feel like I've met somebody I can stand still with for a minute. And don't you want to stand still with me? (I thought I found someone I could stand still with but he'll be standing 2,000 miles away at USC for the next several years.)

I don't believe in the Republican party or the Democratic party. I just believe in parties. (haaaa haaaa, I do believe in the Republican party, but always end up dating Democrats!)

From my experience, honey, if he seems too good to be true—he probably is. (I tried for weeks to find out what was wrong with this guy.....and could not find a damn thing....oh wait, he's too career oriented so he's moving!)

Later that night I got to thinking about the x-factor. In mathmatics, we learn that x stands for the unknown, a+b=x, but what's really unknown is what plus what equals friendship with an x. Is this an unsolvable equation? Or is it possible to transform a once passionate love into something that fits nice and easily onto the friendship shelf? I couldnt help but wonder... can you be friends with an x? (the age old question I have been pondering. It's worked with everyone I have ever dated except my last boyfriend. This new guy, who the hell knows.)

Maybe we just obsess over relationships that feel un-finished. (ain't that the truth)

Sex with an ex can be depressing. If it's good, you don't have it anymore. If it's bad, you just had sex with an ex. (my memories are tough enough to get out of my head, I can't handle any fresh ones!)

It's slim pickins out there, you can't swing a Fendi purse without knocking out five losers. (aka Wrigleyville bars)

"Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies." (I see friends who continue to date guys in hopes that they'll feel the butterflies. I got news for you honey, if you don't feel them, you don't feel them.)

"When a relationship dies do we ever really give up the ghost or are we forever haunted by the spirits of relationships past." (I think its our past relationships that make us who we are today)

"As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going." (USC boy, coulda, shoulda, woulda. He's all but gone, so I'm buckling up, moving on and will keep on going!)

Well, now that I've gotten way too sappy for my own liking, I'm going to throw myself in the shower and get the heck to bed. Happy Valentine's Day!

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

ewww eddie, that wasn't very nice!

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

i dont sit around and mope but i'm sorry, its allowed on valentines day!

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Military Arms said...

You date democrats?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home