Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Touche

Well, I know it's been a while since I've blogged. I was in the Cayman Islands for a couple weeks and then I've started teaching again. The school I teach at installed a really, really strict firewall that prohibits me from posting or even reading comments. I can only view about a third of my webpage b/c everything else has that "red x in a white rectangle" thing.

I've also found a home on Myspace....yes, myspace. I took a page from my students and have found it to be quite enjoyable! I will post more frequently on here.

So today I was teaching PE and making my kids jog the straight-aways and walk the curves out on the track for 20 minutes. Not THAT unreasonable, wouldn't you agree?

Well there were a few kids saying "there are bees flying around"

ME: "well just jog faster and outrun them."

KIDS: "arent you scared of bees?"

ME: "no way. No bee is taking me down. If a bee stings me, I'll sting that bee right baaaaOOOH MYY GOOOD, I JUST GOT STUNG!!!"

Yeah, I was talking smack and sure enough, I got stung for the first time in my life!!!! And you know what my sympathetic students said?????????? "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING US RUN."

It's still hurting like a biatch.

6 Comments:

At 7:00 AM , Blogger Cpl M said...

*puke* Myspace. . .ick. Don't cross to the dark side, you'll never be able to return! That and I'll miss reading when you post.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger stuffle said...

Myspace can be fun. Most of my family has a profile over there, so I use it to keep up with what's going on with them...

Here is my profile, btw: http://www.myspace.com/stuffle

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Eddie said...

Bee stings do hurt quite a bit, but you should still make them run. Our nation is disgustingly obese, and anything that can make us closer to a normal, healthy population, I am all for.

It never ceases to amaze me that parents no longer stress the importance of health to their children. No more, "you can't leave the table until you eat your vegetables." Nowadays, it's more like, "can I give you a sugary fruit juice all day long, or some twizzler sticks, to hold you over, because God forbid you ever feel hunger pangs."

OK, I totally went off topic. I'm done ranting.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger stuffle said...

Our nation is disgustingly obese

Yes I am!! :)

Actually, I was pretty fit in high school. It wasn't until I majored in beer in college that I started to get a bit round. While I work out a fair amount now, it is harder to lose as you get olders.

It really does amaze me how out of shape a lot of my daughter's generation is already though...

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Full-Auto said...

Tori, what's your Myspace URL?

Here's mine:

http://www.myspace.com/tharmsen

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Ranting Republican said...

Ah yes - myspace.. but now to be fair, you don't really blog on myspace either - so there's really no excuse for your lack of posts. Although, I really don't have an excuse either, so I shouldn't talk. Time to go check my myspace ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home