Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Random student stuff:

Some random student stories from Monday:

#1. In one of my earlier blogs I mentioned a student of mine who has a daughter and got a 10 day out-of-school suspension for marijuana. Well yesterday I overheard him and this other 15 yr. old saying "We gotta stop screwing the girls from this school man, they want to keep their babies and not get abortions"....."yeah, I don't ever want to get a real job because then I'll have to pay child support, I got another baby coming May15th"

These boys are 15 years old!!! He had on a t-shirt with a guy's face on it, and this written below the picture: 1967-2004. I asked him "who's the angry-looking black man on your shirt?" and he said "Thats my daddy, he was shot and killed in December". So this kid is living with his Grandma, mom wants nothing to do with him, he has a drug and drinking problem, and has a 2 year-old and another one due next month. It simply blows my mind.

#2. I just found out another one of my students was expelled yesterday. My high school has a points system and when you collect a certain number of points from fighting, drugs, ditching, etc., you can be put up in front of the board and recommended for expulsion. This is the girl who I have a strong suspicion that she has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Last week a girl at her lunch table called her a "b*tch" and she launched herself over the table and started beating on her and she ripped out her weave. That was the final straw and now she's gone. Its too bad, I liked her.

More to come...........................

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM , Blogger E said...

Today is holler's birthday

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home