Saturday, June 18, 2005

Batman Begins

I just got back from seeing Batman Begins. I must say I was fascinated, enthralled, and captivated. The movie paid homage to the darker, more sinister Batman of the first and second installments.....before the goofy Riddler and Batgirl. I loved Michael Keaton's portrayal of Batman and Christian Bale did as good a job. I wasn't quite sure where the story was going at first and how it figured into the plot but as the story unfolded, it became clear.

A couple rants................Katie Holmes does not look nearly old enough to be an Assistant District's Attorney. Oh and there were too many instances of creepy eyes. This is a personal irrational fear that I must live with where I cannot handle movies with glowing eyes, bleeding eyes, eyeballess (is that a word?) eyes, eyes rolling into the back of their head, things sticking out of eyes, you get the picture.

Oh and I've come to the conclusion that I like the "bad boys" in movies. I'm eerily attracted to Batman, as well as the Phantom of the Opera and Darth Vader in Star Wars. I secretly cheer for them and love the black clothing. I dont like bad boys in real life, just movies. I have no patience for bad boys in real life.......I say "get over it, go to counseling, have a beer and lighten the hell up."

The last 30 seconds of the movie I am a huge fan of. It reminded me of the end of "Red Dragon." Good call directors. Overall, I'd give it a B+. The movie was much needed, as they never explained how Batman came to be, where he got all his toys and how he became a hellagood fighter. All the said is that his parents were murdered and his hunger for revenge drove him, well, batty!

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Blogger William said...

I saw it last night-- definitely a good movie! I loved Liam Neeson's line about criminals preying off of society's compassion. Agree with you on the background story; the whole batman thing makes sense now! It's not just some weirdo who decided to put on a cape and fight crime. The biggest issue I had with it was the wishy-washy "justice" batman talked about at times...like it was okay to fight and risk the lives of an entire band of crime fighters to save one criminal, but it was somehow wrong to hurt that criminal?!? What was that about? Loved the dry sense of humor throughout the movie. I'd give it an A-minus.

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

Didn't the Joker kill his parents?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home