Tuesday, July 26, 2005

chicken cheese asparagus recipe

I am extremely new to cooking. I make very basic things but have started to branch out a bit. I have gotten some requests for my recipe for the dish pictured a couple posts down. I suggest for all you new cookers out there who don't have a lot of time, go to The Food Network's website or click on this link for my favorite cooking show "Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee"

She makes great meals that are 70% already made, and 30% preparation. I promise you, its worth it. I might start posting my favorites up on my blog.

Chicken Cheese Asparagus:

1. marinate as many thawed out chicken breasts as you want in a plastic bag with some Italian Dressing. I did it for 2 hours and it was fine, but you can do it longer if you want more flavor.

2. then lay them out on a plate, and cut up some of your favorite cheese. Sharp white cheddar works GREAT. Put some on the middle of the breast.

3. then lay a few asparagus down in the middle and fold up the sides of the chicken. Secure with toothpicks.

4. for added zing, you can bread the chicken. Since I didn't have any breadcrumbs, I crushed up some Cheez-its and covered my chicken roll-up in it.

5. bake in oven at 425 for 20-25 minutes. Or you can grill it, turning every 2-3 min.

(sauce)

1. cut up more of the same cheese you used for the chicken stuffing and throw it in a pot. Put a dash of milk and heat up. If it is too thick, add more milk, too thin, add more cheese. Then just drizzle on top of the finished chicken.

Its completely easy, looks pretty, and makes for great leftovers. Its also great for parties, b/c you can make it earlier in the day, and leave it in the fridge until you are ready to bake it up. I'd probably make it if I cook dinner for a guy ever again.

Good luck!

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

anytime :)

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Michelle has taught me two new recipes -- I'll cook for you when I move in!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home