Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Guilty feelings....

***A part of me thinks "well, thats the chance you take when living in a high-risk area like a city below sea level, a mansion on a cliff, a house on the beach where hurricanes hit yearly, or a neighborhood near a fault line. Sooner or later, levies will break, mudslides will cause your home to slip away, or your house will be cracked in two. Should the rest of America who chooses to live in safer places help flip the tax bill for people willing to take a chance to live in beautiful, scenic, warm places?" Sure there's the occasional tornado or flood, but there's just this small part of me that thinks this way. Sure I'm all about helping my fellow man, Mother Nature is quite the lady and maybe some places weren't meant to be habitated. Any thoughts?***

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Blogger pappy said...

I agree, but then again you weigh the risk. Living in Sacramento, there's always a risk of flooding from the American River. And because its such a liberal state I run the risk of devloping more holes in my brain from there ranting then I would from mad cow disease

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

that is true. I live in Illinois. There are tornados and once in a great while snowstorms. There are risks everywhere....but not as much as living in other places that constantly have to be rebuilt.

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger William said...

Yeah the same thing happened in Missouri. Huge floods in the early 90's. There was immense damage. What happened when the water cleared. They rebuilt. In the SAME place. Hello McFly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home