Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I need to Rant

I am already hearing critics of President Bush ( and a couple of teachers in my office) start ranting about how all our National Guard guys are over in Iraq, leaving nobody to help with emerency relief aid. You know what I said to the teacher? I said "There are 11,000 National Guard members in Louisiana and only 3,000 have been deployed to Iraq."

RANT ON:

Why is it NOW that Liberals are so up in arms about the National Guard? Just last year they looked down upon it and how it was for "draft dodgers" and "weekend warriors", but now they are the be all and end all of our military? Make up your damn mind.

Oh, and where the hell is the rest of the world? Huh, huh? I know its early, but I can't help myself. We are the most giving nation in the world and the first to give aid to countries that suffer natural disasters. Do you think we'll get relief from other countries? A couple, I'm sure, but lets see. Think Hollywood will to "Hurricane Katrina Relief Concerts" like they did for the Tsunami? I want to see an outpouring of generosity from Celebrities and musicians. I'm not holding my breath. I hope I'm wrong and I will gladly eat my words if other countries step up to the plate and tree-huggers like Bono, Dave Matthews, Leonardo DiCaprio, Angelia Jolie, among others get on the TV and ask for $$$ and donate some moola of their own.

RANT OFF

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Great post, Ranting with you. I was stationed in Biloxi and seeing the news from the area its unbelievable.

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

i'd like to hear them

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Military Arms said...

The Administration said this morning that we would accept aid from our allies.

We should take anything they have to offer except their militaries on our soil.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home