Wednesday, August 10, 2005

headaches and heart rates

Yes kids, Teacher Tori is working again, summer is over. In the past 3 days I have worked about 30 hours. Physicals were a nightmare, I did over 120 Blood Pressures and my stethoscope was so tight in my ears, I swear I am leaking gray matter. By the end, I'd take a deep breath, put them on, wince in pain, take the BP and rip them off. If I could see inside my own ears, I bet they'd be bruised.

Our school has been under construction all summer so I decided to check out my new office and classroom yesterday, it nearly gave me a coronary! I used to be in the Math office, so some of my stuff is still there, more of my stuff is in the old Health and Business office...all of this was to be moved to my new office that was just built.....nope. Then I went to check out my brand new classroom......its not mine anymore. They moved my office to the second floor b/c my classroom was down there, but they moved my classroom back UPstairs so now I'm in the Math hallway far away from my office. WTF? BUT, none of my stuff is in my new classroom, its all still in my old health classroom from last year. Those freaking movers the school hired have shit for brains and the work ethic of my lazy doberman Cana.

So its chaos there, pipes and pieces of stuff I dont even know from what everywhere, not sure how we are going to start teaching on Monday. So that didn't help my stress...then....
Then today, first day of Football 3-a-days. I'm all sorts of pissed off right now. My resting pulse right now is 92, not good. I worked 9 FREAKING HOURS in the 90 some degree heat all alone. I hauled around 10 gallon coolers filled with h20, taped up and fixed up dozens of athletes and got puked on. Yes, these dumb ass kids didn't condition this summer and didn't eat breakfast so when they had to run a lot, the puke just started flying. I got pop tarts regurgitated all over me.

I normally don't complain like this on my blog, but I needed to rant about something other than politics. I went and got a "Culvers Chocolate Shake" and thats helping. If you don't know Culvers, its a midwestern food chain so don't worry about it.

When I'm having days like this I try to remember how lucky I truly am. I have a house I love, friends and family I adore and a job that I mostly love. How many people can say that they love their job? I am damning it to the fiery depths of hell right now, but I'm there for the kids so I keep it together and smile for them. They are so pumped for a new season and they get me excited too. Its all the other crap that brings me down.

This may sound corny but when I need a gut check out on the field or in the classroom, I look at the American Flag. Somehow those red and white stripes and 50 stars make me smile. I'm proud to be serving my country by being part of our public education system helping mold the minds of tomorrow. Republican minds, hee hee hee, well I try anyways. I think about our soldiers over in Iraq that would give anything to be back in United States instead of being shot at by those %$#$%#$ turban-wearing $#%$*^ Allah-worshiping mother @#$%@#5,and sweating half to death in those sexy camos. Suddenly, my day gets a whole let better.

What do you guys use as a "gut check" when you are having a bad day? What pulls you up and gets you through it. Besides the thought of mounting bills on your kitchen table, what helps you get through the tough stuff instead of going all Columbine on people? I would like to know.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM , Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

What do you guys use as a "gut check" when you are having a bad day? What pulls you up and gets you through it. Besides the thought of mounting bills on your kitchen table, what helps you get through the tough stuff instead of going all Columbine on people? I would like to know.

I have a good wife to come home to.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not a teacher, but my "gut check" is coming home to my two pugs...nothing seems so bad when you walk throught the door and those weird wrinkly little faces are looking at you and they're so excited that you're home...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home