Sunday, August 14, 2005

my saturday

I went out last night to the Cubby Bear to hear this one man show. His name is Pat McCurdy and I was up on stage with my fellow teachers singing and dancing to "Sex and Beer." Good times. He's a commie though and sometimes Its funny, all the girls that went out last night are single and every guy that came out with us is either married, engaged or in a serious relationship. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

I got to bed around 2:30am but had to be at work by 7am for football practice. Yaawwwwn, I'm dying right now. I cleaned up bloody noses, sent a kid for x-rays for a possible fracture, steri-stripped a finger laceration, helped with rehab for a Acromioclavicular separation, and had a kid with an LCL sprain. All and all, it was a busy day.

Went to the outlet mall with Ranting Republican, out to dinner with the fam and just finished watching "HIDE AND SEEK." Creepy movie and I watched a good bit of it between my 3rd and 4th fingers! All and all it was entertaining I guess.

Tomorrow......we are going to dinner at this great outdoor restaurant and watching the NAVY Military Band play Patriotic music at the local town square. It's one of my most favorite things to do in the summer. All the people in this really nice neighborhood grab their "foldy chairs", kids run around and there are Veterans everywhere. My favorite part is when the band plays the anthems for each branch of the military. When a Veteran hears their branch's song, they stand and everyone applauds. I always wear sunglasses b/c I get completely choked up! They are mostly old WWII guys who are soooo cute, some Vietnam vets, and I'm sure there will be some Vets of Iraq. I always say "thank you" to every Veteran I talk to there. I got pissed off a couple years ago when there were people passing out HOWARD DEAN literature. Are you freaking kidding me? Have you no scruples? A guy who is Anti-Military and speaks out adamantly against the War in Iraq in the presence of men who served in Iraq. I've never seen such dirty looks in my life! Lets just hope its a nice day tomorrow and I'll be out there in my Red, White and Blue.

8 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger pappy said...

You know I always feel good after reading your posts. You had a harder time at work then I did Sat evening. No traumas all night. The movie go see it or rent it.
Go see the Great Raid very good movie. wear your sunglasses

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I can't wait to see that movie. Looks soooooo good.

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Hi Ranting still in Chicago? At work now, Just had a guy brought in that jumped off a roof and broke both his ankels. The reason was because its sunday. Go figure.

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

thats a hell of a reason to injure yourself! Was he drunk?

 
At 12:17 AM , Blogger pappy said...

Cronic Paranoid Schizo, not taking his lithium. They just run wild here in Ca.

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger William said...

Yeah as much as I agree with you on politics we got some movie issues. I thought Hide and Seek sucked and was really predictable...I saw that ending coming a mile away!!

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

noooo, we are talking about "the geat raid". Hide and Seek was entertaining, I can at least admit that much. The rest was predictable.

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger William said...

I know Pappy brought up the Great Raid and that's what Ranting commented about...I was talking about you saying you watched Hide and Seek between your third and fourth fingers!!! I'll give you that it was entertaining, somewhat, but it was just too predictable to be scary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home