Sunday, September 18, 2005

Anti-War folks, please enlighten us.....

I'm watching "Pearl Harbor." It's funny how I get angry at different people depending on what war movie is on. (The Japanese piss me off right now, Somalies during Blackhawk Down, Vietnamese in We Were Soldiers, etc.)

These are my favorite quotes from this movie and are fitting when speaking about the War on Terror:

"VICTORY BELONGS TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN IT THE MOST, BELIEVE IN IT THE LONGEST."

"THERE'S NOTHING STRONGER THAN THE HEART OF A VOLUNTEER."

My sister, Ranting Republican and I were just discussing the movie and we're pissed that they cut out "jap bastards" and replaced it with "bums." Why? You can say "Jap" on TV....and you can say "Bastard" on TV.....they bomb us and the media won't let us say "Jap Bastards?" Bastards.

The other thing we were discussing is the parallel between the start of WWII and the War on Terror. Japan attacked us, not Germany. Should we have not gone into Germany to stop the brutal dictator Adolf Hitler? He was killing millions of his own people, not attacking America. But we felt it was wrong and attacked the Nazi's. Bin Laden and his crew based in Afganistan attacked America, not Iraq (even though I still think otherwise.) We attacked them back (like we did the Japs), and then decided to go after Saddam Hussein, a brutal dictator who violently killed hundreds of thousands of his own people...some even for sport. He tested biological and chemical weapons on his own people. Please tell me what is the difference? Ranting Republican and I would love to know.

5 Comments:

At 10:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The difference is that Roosevelt and Truman were Democrats. And Democrats can do no wrong in the eyes of Democrats...so if a Democrat decided to go after Saddam - he'd be the "Savior of the Free World!"

Let's not forget when the libs call Republicans the war party, or war-mongers, in the history of the U.S., damn near every single war we've been involved in a Democrat has put us there. I'm not saying I disagree with us going into these wars, I'm saying that they claim to be for "peace" and "diplomacy".

Yah, and Truman dropped the bomb.

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger pappy said...

The difference is we went fom a generation of hard working brave American men and women to the baby boomers and beyond.

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Another good point. CG - it's a good movie - why do you hate it? Because dad sings that song? :)

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You didn't know I was a woman Eddie? Haha - I'm a cute one at that!

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Katy Grimes said...

I started writing a post that's going to take some time, about the various generations, and how the current two or three have never had to defend their rights or freedoms; it's why so may of them act so spoiled and entitled.

I'm a boomer married to a war baby, with a Gen Y kid. Interesting to have three generations in one house.

And I agree with your comments about the use of the word "Jap." America hated the Japanese for good reason, but suddenly it's no nice to say those words.

It's not the generation who lived through WWII who are worried about the feelings of the Japanese...

It's the spoiled, liberal, whining boomers - the entitlement generation.

good post

fj

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home