Friday, September 16, 2005

I think I started a gang fight

Yeah so in Health class this week we were talking about violence and gangs. I passed out this informational pamphlet about gangs: why they join, what to look out for, what are the dangers, how to recognize gangs, where to go for help, blah blah blah.

WELL, there were examples on what gang grafitti looks like and this one idiot student of mine decided to draw it all over his books and folders and wear certain gang colors. Needless to say, the gang did not appreciate the "poser" and then the kid started throwing up gang symbols to a rival gang. Sooooo, there was a gang fight and when the kid was busted they searched his bag and found my gang packet. He told the deans "Miss #### taught me how to draw them." Soooo, I get a visit from the deans and have to explain myself and the fact I got permission to pass out the pamphlet from our school policeman.

The kid gets an out-of-school suspension for 4 days (cannot make up the work he missed)....comes back yesterday and says "give me some extra credit." And of course I was thinking "are you flipping kidding me? You make MY life hell and now YOU want extra credit for being a moron?" AHHHHHHH, they're killing me slowly.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's a right of passage in our family - remember the gang fight I started in college? At least you weren't on the news and in the papers...

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger pappy said...

you already gave him a valuable lesson in life, doesn't need extra credit.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

Well, I talked to our Police liason and it turns out he's already gotten in trouble for gangs before. so its not my fault!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home