Tuesday, September 06, 2005

damn this movie


I was all set for bed at 10pm, and just checked my tv to see what TiVo was so thoughtfully recording for me and it was TITANIC. I love that movie. ((insert lame joke about what a loser I am here.)) It was the very beginning, damn it. I promised myself, "just until Jack and Rose meet." Then it was "just until Jack teaches Rose how to honk a loogie", then it was "just until the I'm flying part", then it was "just until they screw in the back of the car," then it was "just until they hit the iceberg," then it was finally, "just until she leaps off the lifeboat to stay with Jack." My sister Ranting and I usually only watch the first half of the movie b/c the rest is depressing.

How hot is that kiss in the picture? Seriously one of the best on-screen kisses of all time (I do fancy the upside down raining Spiderman kiss and the kiss at the end of The Cutting Edge). When I saw TITANIC for the first time (of 3) in the theater, I balled my eyes out...I'm talking like the Mighty Mississippi. It starts when Jack and Rose are staring into each other's eyes while she's being lowered into the water, then she jumps back on and then the waterworks really begin when they're slowly becoming ice cubes in the ocean. I remember not really not crying for them, but inserting myself into the story and thinking "sniff sniff, nobody would do that for me! They'd climb on top of my head to keep themselves afloat." And then by the 3rd time I thought "Jack and Rose are dumb, they could've built a much better floatation device or at least spread their weight out better so both of them could've fit on the piece of wood."

I don't know what about this damn movie has me so captivated. I don't even like Leonardo DiCaprio and think Billy Zane is way hotter. All I know is that her clothes are fabulous and I died my hair even more red than it already is after that movie. Damn this movie, now its late and I'll be exhausted tomorrow.

I'm not really a crier either....but there are some that really get to me...here's a few: THE NOTEBOOK (holy crap), MY LIFE (omg), LOVE STORY, BLACKHAWK DOWN, LAST OF THE MOHICANS, E.T.(I'll be right here) , and MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE.

My question to everyone........what movies have made you cry? If you need something to jog your memory...click here

13 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Tori Titanic is a fun up lifting movie..... but then I ran it backwards

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

yeah, yeah! tell us how you really feel.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Katy Grimes said...

The Lion King made me cry, but then so does every Hallmark movie.

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

oh yeah, I totally forgot about the ending when he's waiting at the top of the stairs...I balled my eyes out then too!

Although, I feel bad for her husband. I'm sure he wanted to spend eternity with her as well.

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

lion kind was sad too! when i was little I cried when Bambi's mom died.

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Everybody cried when Bambi's mom died!

I cry during Message in a Bottle. That gets me every time - and I'm not usually a crier...but if I had Kevin Costner and he died, I'd be a sobbing mess too.

Oh, and I cry during Saving Private Ryan, but also get enraged with fury during certain parts (like when the German asshole that they let go kills the American by stabbing him so slowly in the chest -- I had nightmares about that for a while).

Let's see...I can't think of anymore right now - I cried the first two times I saw Titanic in the theater, but now I find it kind of funny - (not the tragedy, but the movie). Stupid Leo. Winslet has some great outfits in that movie.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Military Arms said...

Titanic was a great movie, although I didn't like the surprise ending...

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Military Arms said...

Two words: Ole Yeller

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

oh yeah....I GOT PISSED WHEN ROSE THREW THE "HEART OF THE OCEAN" NECKLACE INTO THE WATER.

SHE COULD HAVE SECURED HER ENTIRE FAMILIES FUTURE FOR GENERATIONS!

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

how about "Platoon"?

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger pappy said...

Wife made me watch a movie called Madame X an old movie from the 60s it made my eyes leak

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

awww, pappy, you're in touch with your feminine side

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger pappy said...

right, and if you only knew what my feminine side is doing with my masculine side

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home