Friday, September 02, 2005

Freezing gas prices???

Libs, please answer this question thats eating away at my brain: Many libs say that Bush went to war in Iraq for oil. If we went into Iraq for oil, where is it?

Now gas prices are spiking all over the country....its $3.29 by me in the Chicago suburbs, $3.75 in the city, and as much as $6 in Atlanta.

There has been talk of freezing gas prices, is this a good idea? I'm no expert on business but isn't this a classic case of supply and demand? Why is it any suprise the prices went up? The supply is low, thus the demand is higher. If we were to freeze gas prices, wouldn't that make everyone go to the pump to fill up all at once? If I knew that the US were going to freeze prices, I'd run right over to fill up while it lasted. But now, I filled up on Tuesday when it was $2.66, I only drive to and from work (14 mi/day total) and am doing my part to conserve.

From the UK Daily Telegraph: "Steve Forbes, the billionaire business publisher, predicted that the oil bubble will burst inside a year, and the price will plunge as the impact of Hurricane Katrina sent the price of oil soaring to new record levels. "He spoke as Katrina shut down almost all the flow from the Gulf of Mexico, which provides over a quarter of the US oil. He said, 'I'll make a bold prediction. In 12 months you're going to see oil down to 35 or $40 a barrel. It's a huge bubble. I don't know what's going to pop it but eventually it will pop. You cannot go against supply and demand. You cannot go against the fundamentals forever."

Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Blogger Military Arms said...

The leftists aren't going to understand your asking them to justify their "no blood for oil" ramblings.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home