Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I am a great American

I was on my way to our Jr./Sr. campus to cover a soccer tournament when I saw something red, white and blue on a small stick in the middle of a busy 4-lane road. It was being run over and I realized it was an American Flag. So I safely swerved my car onto the shoulder, ran out into traffic to retrieve the flag (I used to play Frogger, no problem!) and then I ran with the flag flapping in the breeze back to my car. I noticed a couple people gave me a "thumbs up" and a couple clapped for me.

I cleaned it up and not it is being displayed on my patio at my house. GO USA!

(disclaimer, I don't know flag etiquette very well so if was supposed to be burned or something, I didn't.)

6 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's only supposed to be respectfully burned if it is beyond repair or cleaning it up. You did good, sis. I'm proud.

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Glad you played frogger. Nice going

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aww, frogger - check out this link:

http://www.johnnyslack.com/duckhunt/

best game ever.

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger Katy Grimes said...

What a great American gal! My son is an Eagle Scout... the flag must NEVER touch the ground. Good job.

fj

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

holler-what did you do with that flag you bought at the garage sale that you were allergic to?

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

so I decided not to burn the flag. I rescued it and it means something to me. I don't think God will send me to hell for proudly displaying ANOTHER flag at my home.

And besides, I think I would cry if I watched it burn.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home