Monday, September 19, 2005

Semper Fi

My Marine friend is safe :) We got word that his batallion was pulled out of Iraq and is in a "safe place." (my post last month)

He should be back in the USA within the next few weeks for debriefing and psychological testing and sent home by the time I fly out to my alma mater for Homecoming! Hopefully I'll get to see him!

I said a huge "thank you" prayer to the big man upstairs. I thanked God for watching over him and keeping him alive while many of his friends died all around him. His batallion saw a lot of action and firefights and suffered heavy casualties. He was injured but is alright. They are all heroes to me and I want to thank all of you out there for your kind words when I've freaked out about his safety.

3 Comments:

At 9:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

YAY! I just found out this morning too that a friend from college made it back to the States last week!

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

easy there killer

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Good News!
Tell him we said thank you for his service and my son an ex-marine says "Semper Fi"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home