Wednesday, May 03, 2006

interesting forward

TWENTY ONE reasons why English is hard to learn.

1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.
4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7. Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10. I did not object to the object.
11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12. There was a row among the oarsmen on how to row.
13. They were too close to the door to close it.
14. The buck does funny things when does are present.
15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

English is a Crazy Language

6 Comments:

At 8:47 PM , Blogger Gayle said...

I think I was at Sandy's blog where I saw your comment and liked it, so decided to pay you a visit.
After looking your blog over, I'm glad I did.

English is the most difficult language to learn, there is no doubt about it. But if I were an immigrant, I sure would do my best to learn it! I was in Germany for seven years, and managed to learn German well enough to get around. When in Rome... and all that. Seems to be a concept many people in this country don't recognize any more.

 
At 12:16 AM , Blogger Military Arms said...

Exactly. If I were to move to Mexico, I would learn Spanish. I wouldn't go to Germany and expect them to speak to me in English. WTF is wrong with these people? More importantly, WTF is wrong with those who pander to these people?

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

you should see how much we pander to ESL kids in this school, its ridiculous!

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Katy Grimes said...

Don't get me started... total immersion is what we should be doing.

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger supplymadam said...

If you want to live then learn it!
I'm with full-auto on the pandering. WTF is wrong with this country?

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

And now they've translated the Star Spangled Banner. Disgusting. If you are living in America, at this point legally or illegally, make an effort to be an American and learn English.

It makes me sick that we're first supposed to not only tolerate them breaking our laws by being in the country, but then we're supposed to bend over backwards to accommodate them.

And not just accommodate them, but spend millions of our tax dollars on them and their children. They held signs and shouted that they weren't criminals, but guess what, being here illegally is a crime. They want to stay here, and they want amnesty, since when do we openly invite criminals to become citizens? If they don't respect and abide by our laws now, what makes us think they will in the future? (Yes, I am aware that a majority are hard-working families who want the American dream - fine - do it the right (LEGAL) way).

That one day alone we may have lost some business by not having employees on the job, but never disregard the amount of tax dollars spent on police forces for those rallies. Go complain to the Mexican government, see how accommodating they are.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home