Friday, April 22, 2005

no more deaths, please!!!

This is really starting to wear on my high school. This year we have had 6 student deaths, the latest in a car crash last night. She was a Senior with a bright future ahead of her. We do not know details but we will have a moment of silence tomorrow morning. The flags will also be flown at half staff as well. We've had kids killed over in Iraq, gang shootings, a heart failure, suicide, and now this. Its getting tough to handle and seeing the friends of the deceased is gut-wrenching.

Then we have stupid kids. Today, as I was leaving my classroom for the day, I hear screaming and see a group of kids surrounding this classroom. I run over there and there is blood everywhere....on the floor, the walls, the desks, and a trail leading to the bathroom. I guess these two mexican gangbangers got into it at the end of biology class. One kid broke his nose and ran into the bathroom, leaving a blood trail. It looked like someone butchered a cat in there! But, being the medical genius I am, know that head wounds are very vascular so its not that big a deal. I put my CSI skills to use and tried to piece together what happened from just looking at the blood. Yes, I am weird, but when I watch those shows for 3 hours a week, what do you expect?

I think my school has had enough bloodshed for one year. We can't take another death and these fights have got to stop....now seems like a good place for the timeless quote, "can't we all just get along?"

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM , Blogger E said...

yes, when pigs fly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home