Saturday, April 23, 2005

Seeing Red

Tonight was quite a night. I helped organize a massive Republican function and was a blast! I looked fabulous in a classy red dress with light camel slingbacks and a small elephant pin to top it off. Yes, I am admitting it now, I am a teacher AND a Republican. Its rare but we are out there. There were around 500 people and being onstage to hand out raffle tickets was eerily calm and felt natural. Here I am, only knowing MAYBE 50 people and I felt at home. I am a member of the Young Republicans and proud to admit it.

I do, however, choose to lay low at school for fear of the Union. I do have to admit they have our backs when things get ugly, but I don't like when they take my dues and endorse candidates with that money. So, I signed a piece of paper and now that money will instead to go Special Ed. kids......a much worthier cause in my opinion.

Soooo.....why do I do all the political stuff in my spare time? (which is slim to none). It makes me happy, its a change of pace, I feel like I'm making a difference....and we sure do know how to party! It is tough though, having a boyfriend who is a democrat because our views on the world are different and I'm the "single gal" at all these functions. But, I'm young, cute, smart, successful and independent so I manage to deal. I'd love to share these things with him but I think pigs will fly before that.

Wow, its really late, and I have a double-header for Freshman baseball in the morning......Chicago Forecast: Rain/snow 40 degrees. I'd pay serious dough for them to cancel tomorrow so I can get some much deserved sleep.

7 Comments:

At 5:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well color me happy -- a Republican teacher! You go girl! I'm proud of you for coming out of the closet on that one!

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger E said...

GOD HELP US ALL!

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger E said...

Who's going to take care of the children now?

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

quit whining, both of you.

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

Yeah!!!! Shutup all of you....except for ranting republican, she can talk :)

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger E said...

SECRET BLOG CONFESSIONS

I have a secret confession to make. Over the past few years I've noticed that I've been getting more and more care-free. Not care-free like them hippies, but care-free about people's feelings. I realize that this is wrong of me, but I can't stop it. I tell myself not to do it, but 5 minutes later, I do it again. I don't know how to lessen it. It seems to grow more and more as time goes on. I just wonder how much more it will grow until I am just blithely unconcerned with people's feelings and I reach insanity. I need help. Maybe a world-renowned psychologist can help me.
For example, on Saturday night I went to one of them down there clubs that hippies patronize. I'll spare the hippie rantings for another time, but after I left I called someone at around 4am in the morning when I knew they were asleep. I left that person a message that I can't repeat over the internets because of the probable barnyard contents and because I don't remember most of it. Now you'd think I'd feel guilty for waking them up and leaving them such a scatological message on their phone. But you know what, I just don't give a f*#%$! I really don't. And then again today I insulted a friend of mine on instant messenger. I basically called him dumb. Not literally, but it was implied. There was no need for me to do it either. He was being nice to me and I just did it. And while I was typing, I was thinking to myself that I better not type that, but I did it anyways. After I did it, I knew I should have felt bad for doing it, but I didn't. It's like I get more and more at ease with it the more I do it. It's almost like a drug that my body needs in other to function properly; a master of puppets. And I just don't care. I was late to work today as well, but I don't care. Well, maybe I do care and telling myself that I don't care is my way of masking it. Maybe the problem is that I do care a lot. Yes! Wait a minute! I think I got something here. Maybe I actually do I care so much that I tell myself that I don't care so that I won't be distressed by caring. I think I finally figured it out! Thanks Mr. Blog! I won't be needing that doctor anymore. Or maybe I'm just wrong and I actually don't care.

p.s. I ain't not eating them taters!

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

you love dem taters! Oh, and for all you reading out there, panamanianstud and holleritsme are on this poor grammar kick lately. I tried correcting them like I do my students but "them" guys keep on doing it. And it will become a habit!

Oh and Pamamanianstud- What about the children?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home