Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Random Teacher stuff

So this week has been really random. I was working the varsity football game over the weekend and saw this kid get taken out by our kicker...lets just say his body spun around but his ankle stayed in the same place. We get over there, yeah, it was facing the wrong way! We call the team doctor onto the field and he reduces it back into the correct place. We put him on a stretcher, got him in the ambulance, and off he went. It was cool! Turns out he tore all the major ligaments in his ankle, as well as a fibula fracture. Oh and 2 concussions during the game as well....none of them were our team though, thank goodness.

I also had to break up a catfight in our girl's PE locker room. Weave and braids flying everywhere. Probably about some guy, who the hell knows.

Then, I had a kid come into my PE class with his hand wrapped up and in a sling. I asked what happened and he replied "I cut my flexor tendon with a knife." Turns out his friend and him got wasted and his friend sliced his finger. Idiots.

Soooo, thats my week so far. I've also noticed that the hispanic girls are now braiding and cornrowing their hair. This was typically a "black thing" at my school but now its crossing over to the Latino population. Interesting.......

Alright, time to go to a friend's grandfather's wake.

5 Comments:

At 2:51 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Tori, I could use your help on the surgical trauma floor.

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger pappy said...

Pittsburg 2-0
Chicago 1-1
Dec 11 ?

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh yah? well i've got a hurricane a comin'!

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Katy Grimes said...

Tori, my dad was a public school teacher (and a republican) for 35 years in a rotten area of the city. He saw the fights go from "a black thing" to a "mexican" thing to a "vietnamese" thing, back to the "Latinos" and "blacks" against the various "vietnamese" gangs.

After he retired, guess what he did? Went to work teaching in Folsom Prison.

And yes, he's run into former students...

see what you have to look forward to!

 
At 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls wants to fight more but black girls is the best fighters because they fight awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home