Thursday, October 06, 2005

I lost my voice

For some professions, this would not be a problem, maybe even a gift in disguise. As a teacher, and especially a PE teacher, this is a nightmare. About 5pm yesterday my throat started getting scratchy, then my glands started to swell....and I felt icky so I went to bed around 9:00pm. And if you know me, you know that I'm notorious for staying up really late to this is not a good sign. I woke up a few times to drink some water and when I got up at 6:30am for school, I pretty much had no voice.

I feel like a complete retard today (not P.C. but oh well). My students are getting a kick out of it though in Health class. I changed my lesson plan today from a Power Point on the Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems to a packet to work on with a partner. Funniest thing is that the kids are speaking softly to me and using their hands. KIDS, I AM NOT DEAF, I CAN HEAR JUST FINE!!! They're cute. And if they are getting off task, I've been blowing my whistle at them.

3 Comments:

At 11:09 PM , Blogger Miranda said...

*grin* I won't suggest miming.

 
At 11:09 PM , Blogger Miranda said...

NO Eddie! Do not bring out the dreaded video. There is NO better way to lose the respect of your students than to become the video teacher ;)

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

i dont want to be the video teacher.....i'm the "gross power point" health teacher

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home