Monday, October 24, 2005

Best Weekend Ever

So I got back last night from visiting my alma mater, Ohio University....what a great time! That was the best 5 years and a summer of my life. People that graduate in 4 years don't know what they're missing (besides another year of tuition.)

I got to see old friends, drink $1.25 beers, and watch our football team beat Ball State. I marched in the Homecoming parade with my old College Republican's club. We marched down the main street on campus that has approx. 30 bars that have been open since 6am so everyone was hammered. Overall, our float and organization was received very well....minus a few fingers, a few boos, a dirty hippy that followed us, oh, and the idiot who yelled "F#ck Bush" and threw candy back in my face.

I haven't drank that much in years and I must say its nice not having to worry about driving anywhere. I really didn't want to come home but I'm an adult now with a job and a morgage so back to the daily grind!

I'll write about my conversations with my Marine friend who just got back from Iraq later.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

yep, buck 25 for wide mouth coors light bottles at The Cat's Eye. Most beers were $1.50-2.00. It costs me at least double that to have a beer in downtown chicago.

However, I did spend more money b/c I was hanging out with Marines...and I told them they will never have to buy beer around me...getting soldiers drunk is the least I could do to thank them.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Teacher Tori said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home